Re: Mention of Linux Mint

Hi,

Andres Mejia <amejia004@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe Linux Mint [1] is worth a mention in the software
> distributions based on Debian page [2]. Linux Mint has become the top
> distro according to distrowatch.com and is derived from Ubuntu.
>
> 1. http://linuxmint.com/
> 2. http://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros

If you are one of the members of the Linux Mint team, you could
probably provide some information about your distro, that you would
like to see on the debian site.

If you are only a user:
Hmm,
I have simply collected together some info from the
linuxmint.com website (http://www.linuxmint.com/about.php):

The purpose of Linux Mint is to produce a modern, elegant and
comfortable operating system, which is both powerful and easy to use.

Started in 2006, Linux Mint is now the 4th most widely used home
operating system behind Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS and
Canonical's Ubuntu.

Some advantages, mostly already known from other Linux distributions:
it's both free of cost and open source, it's community-driven,
it's safe and reliable.
But what might be a difference compared to other distros is his
full multimedia support.

Comments welcome.

Holger

--