Accidental public posting of private information (was: My order)

On 05/03/12 01:54 PM, hong shao wrote:
> When finished my order of debian linux, I haven't heard from you about
> my order information by email.
> My name is Hong Shao. If it's possible I would like to cancel this
> order. My visa number is xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx. My email address is
> shb_60@yahoo.ca. Please give me an answer as soon as possible.
> Thank you.
> Hong Shao

While we do list vendors that sell Debian, Debian itself does not handle
orders. You will need to contact the vendor to whom you sent your order
to cancel it. Furthermore, you have just posted your query to a mailing
list which is archived on the web. Unfortunately, once this is done, we
can't undo the damage, as the information is mirrored by systems beyond
our control. You should consider cancelling that card for your own security.

CCing this to listmaster@lists.debian.org to locate & delete the post,
but as I said, the damage is done, so even if the post is removed, we
regrettably cannot do anything about copies of it that have already been
made elsewhere.

Regards,
Ben