Re: Request for removing email address from public webpage

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 12:08:23AM GMT, Ellen W. wrote:
> Thanks for your answer and lecture, Raf. I never gave permission to
> publish
> my email address on a public webpage. I don't want spam bots to find
> my
> email address. And I don't have anything to do with this mailing list.
> There are no other sites on the internet where this email address is
> published, no mirror sites. If I sent my request to the wrong address,
> I'm
> sorry. In that case, could you please forward it to the webmaster?
> Thnx!

If one sends an email to a mailing list the permission is implied,
however here that's not the case as you've been a victim of spam.
You didn't mention that in an email so I made some assumptions and had
a bit of a rant ;^)

Mea culpa.

Have you tried reporting that spam message as it has been suggested?

P.S. It doesn't change the fact that your email address is archived
in another list post.

Regards,
--
Raf