Re: Request for removing email address from public webpage

n 04, 2012 at 04:13:42PM GMT, Ellen W. wrote:
> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> By searching in Google, I found my email address (zeepvrij@gmail.com)
> at
> the following public page:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/2008/12/msg00919.html
>
> In order to reduce spam, I would like to hide my email address. Could
> you
> remove this page or my email address from this page?

To put it simple, even if it was possible to remove or the email address
from the lists' archives, there are sites which mirror/archive the lists
themselves and not all of them obfuscate the email addresses.

> Thank you in advance!
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Ellen (zeepvrij@gmail.com)

Even if everyone, e.g. Debian, mail-archive, etc. obfuscated the email
addresses in the headers, you just made sure that your email address
will never be removed/obfuscated in such a way as you put your it in the
body of THIS email... TWICE!

--
Raf