Re: Missing information on pages below http://packages.debian.org

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Mi, 26 dec 12, 23:09:47, Richard Owlett wrote:

If you are interested in helping review all the Debian package
descriptions, please take a look at this project:

http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/SmithReviewProject

Not sure I've enough Debian experience to be much help reviewing
_all_ package descriptions.

Lack of Debian experience might prove quite useful for the review, since
the description is meant for potential users of the package, not for
people already familiar with it ;)

There are are a couple of key words in the above -- *ALL* and "description".

I said "Not sure I've enough Debian experience to be much help reviewing _all_ package descriptions" for a specific reason. My reading of SmithReviewProject was the reviewer would rewrite the defective text. To mix metaphors a bit, I could be the "canary in a coal mine" but not the copy editor bringing a coherent newspaper out of contributions of multiple journalists.

As to "description", to which description are we referring? The one appearing on http://packages.debian.org/... or http://manpages.debian.net/... ? In my opinion they serve different purposes/audiences.