Missing information on pages below http://packages.debian.org

I use http://packages.debian.org/stable/utils/logtool and http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/debconf as examples.

I am new to *nix generally and Debian in particular though I've been a computer user since the early 60's.

Linux encourages the user to know what goes on "under the hood". Several times on debian-user@lists.debian.org I've been pointed to pages under this hierarchy. The results have been uniformly unsatisfying.

I think this could be remedied in part by a link to a more verbose description of the package. A link to the developer's home page my be satisfactory as is done for http://packages.debian.org/stable/utils/logtool. I think more generally a link to the manpage at http://manpages.debian.net/ should be a minimal standard. In the first example I found the developer's page to whet my interest but not answer all my questions. In the second it was going to the "see also" links of the manpage was the most valuable.

Thank you.