Re: Abbreviated status for associations or companies (was: Aufnahmeantrag)

Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
> Justin B Rye wrote:
>> Holger Wansing wrote:
>>> 1. Name of organization
>>> [...]
>>> Belziger Forum e.V.
>>> [...]
>>> 4. A paragraph or two describing how your organization uses Debian.
>>>
>>> The association Belziger Forum e.V. operates the info cafe "Der Winkel"
>>> since 1998 as a meeting point for migrants and native people.
>>
>> The "e.V" contains some useful information that isn't obvious to
>> readers unfamiliar with German abbreviations; call it "the Belziger
>> Forum registered voluntary association".
>
> IMHO "e.V." (with a trailing dot) should stay as it is, for the very
> same reason we do not translate Ltd., GmbH or similar.

It needs to be included verbatim in section 1, where we're
*identifying* the organisation.  But while we're *describing* the
organisation, we need to mention the fact that it's a voluntary
association.

If necessary the description could call it "the Belziger Forum e.V.
registered voluntary association", though it seems a bit redundant.
Or how about "the Belziger Forum e.V. (registered voluntary
association)"?