DFSG-free relicensing of the Debian logo(s) - DONE

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 05:36:04PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> The actual relicensing shall be done by SPI (as copyright owner) and has
> not happened yet. But it should happen during the next SPI board
> meeting, scheduled for September 13th, 2012.

The above has now happened. SPI resolution is at:

  http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2012/2012-09-07.rtb.1/

Yesterday I've committed the change to the licensing information at:

  http://www.debian.org/logos/

the change is now live.

> If you're working on Debian artworks or the like, feel free to start
> using the official logo in them. Assuming that it will be DFSG-free RSN
> is now a safe bet. You should just avoid claiming that it is *already*
> free until my final announcement here (after September 13th).

For the -desktop people, I've reviewed the content of the desktop-base
package, and it seems that none of the new themes uses the "debian"
label, so there should be no need to change them at all. But if you
didn't use the "debian" label for licensing reason, you still have a to
add it (to be verified with the package maintainer and release team for
unblock reasons, though). The spacefun team does use a "debian" label,
typeset in the non-official typeface, though. If you want to update it
to use the official typeface, you do have a chance to do so now (under
similar constraints than above).

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .