Re: Fwd: Today the public review period for ADMS.F/OSS v0.3 began

Hi.

Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> writes:

> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:25:13PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
>
>> You may be interested in knowing that a draft of a vocabulary intended
>> to be used for describing software developped in forges, or listed in
>> catalogues has been published by a working group attached to the
>> European Commission (ISA programme), for review by the public.
>>
>> I imagine it could well be used some day to publish metadata about
>> Debian distributions and or software packaged in Debian on the Semantic
>> Web (for instance to interlink records of an upstream software, some
>> user reviews, its debian packages, and other distributions', etc.).
>
> I'm sorry I don't have the time to participate personally, but should
> you need something to complement Trove categories, there are several
> facets in Debtags that are pretty well defined and useful.

SNIP

FYI and for reference, your response has been pointed to from the
comments forum at :
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms_foss/issue/consider-use-debtags-alternative-trove-classification-system-software

> If you need anything debtags-related, you know where to find me: I hope
> I'll be able to respond in a timely manner.

We'll see how things are moving for the next steps of ADMS.F/OSS, but I
do hope interoperability with Debian metadata, like debtags will be one
of the ideas implementation-wise.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards,
--