suggested amendment for the release notes

Hi,

in the release notes, I read this passage after

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#minimal-upgrade

that suggests to upgrade the system in a piecemeal fashion.

I generally find this idea valid, but not fully executed in that
document. After determining that one has enough space one step earlier,
I suggest to make use of the download feature of apt-get or aptitude:

# apt-get -d dist-upgrade

# apt-get upgrade

# apt-get dist-upgrade

The reason for downloading a large chunk before doing anything is to
maximise the chances that you can keep going, or repair, the system if
something breaks along the way - like eg. networking.

I think that this change will not make the upgrade significantly slower,
but reduce the chance of disruption. However, since I always basically
follow the outlined procedure, I cannot say how much slower it will be.

In any case, please consider amending the release notes to include this
change.

TIA!

--
Kind regards,