Re: Debian website redirect issue

Tried it with my phone (after remembering to turn the wifi connection off) and was able to get the page.  Other computers on the (not-phone) network can't get to debian.org either, however.
DNS issue maybe?  Except I can connect to the name servers in the whois listing (e.g., NS1.DEBIAN.ORG, excepting ns3.debian.org).
Changed my computer's DNS from DHCP to Google's public name servers, and it worked just fine, so I guess it's a DNS propagation issue.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Matt Wirth <dreikin@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
Matt Wirth <dreikin@gmail.com>
> I've been trying over several days to get to the debian.org website, but
> keep getting a circular redirect.  This issue also affects many (but not
> all) sub-pages (including the bug tracker).
>
> Any idea on when a fix is coming? (or if it's not a problem with the
> website?)

Not sure if it's a problem or not, but it works for me.  Are you
able to debug it further from your connection?

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef

Hmm.  Okay.
Not quite sure what to do for that, but I can try.  This is what wget reports for me:

wget debian.org
--2012-03-30 19:17:42--  http://debian.org/
Resolving debian.org... 128.31.0.51, 206.12.19.7
Connecting to debian.org|128.31.0.51|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.debian.org/ [following]
--2012-03-30 19:17:52--  http://www.debian.org/
Resolving www.debian.org... 202.134.73.139, 2607:f8f0:610:4000:211:25ff:fec4:5b28
Connecting to www.debian.org|202.134.73.139|:80... connected.
--2012-03-30 19:17:58--  http://www.debian.org/
Reusing existing connection to www.debian.org:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.debian.org/ [following]
--2012-03-30 19:17:58--  http://www.debian.org/
Reusing existing connection to www.debian.org:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.debian.org/ [following]

[More of the same snipped]

20 redirections exceeded.