Bug#613832: Bug#61383Re: www.debian.org: Debian sister association in the merchandise page
I wanted to comment on this bug:
Regarding trusted organizations and the web site: not all of them sell
merchandise. The trusted organizations should be listed on
http://www.debian.org/donations There is bug #634986 already for
which I'll accept ownership.
Regarding the merchandise web page: I believe it's important to
express whether a vendor donates parts of their revenues to Debian.
I think we're all in agreement that this makes sense.
The only disagreement I see is how to sort the organizations:
- One proposal is to divide the page into two: those organizations
that donate to Debian and those that do not.
- Another proposal is to have 3 categories: Debian trusted orgs
(which sell merchandise), vendors that donate to Debian, and vendors
that do not.
- And Zack suggested sorting by % donated to Debian.
Personally, I'd just divide the page into two but I can see the
argument for 3 categories. I agree with Luca that sorting by
percentage is over-engineered. I'm also fine with Francesca's
proposal to add notes describing whether they donate (but I'd prefer
those that donate to be listed first.)
In any case, this is just a minor detail and I think it should be
decided by the merchandise folks (i.e. Francesca and Luca).
I think the next steps are:
- For the merchandise folks to contact those vendors to see if they
make donations to Debian (and if so how: to SPI, to ffis, etc?)
- For the accounting people: check if we've received donations from
the vendors that claim to donate to us.
- For the merchandise folks to pick one of the proposals above and
change the web page.