Re: Draft: policy for vendors listed on Debian website

Hi there!

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:12:34 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:25:16 +0200, David Prévot wrote:

>>> What is the rationale for that?  "modified" could also means that they
>>> change the default theme to their logo, for example, which I found fair.
>>
>> If the CD is modified, how would it be possible to check if it is indeed
>> an official CD? It would brake the trust path…
>
> Point taken, but I still think that there are different levels of
> modification.

Just to be sure we are aware of our website (I was not), please note
that, as Richard Atterer replied [1] at Francesca's initail email, we
ATM specifically allow such modifications [2].

[1] <http://lists.debian.org/20110307223248.GE23741%40meeep.lan>
[2] <http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/info>

I am pointing it out to also understand if the policy Francesca and
Javier were referring to will be added/merged with [2] or if it is a
different thing.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca