Re: Issue in the generation of OVAL definitions at website (was Re: Debian Oval definitions for 2011)

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 08:18:30PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> Le 11/10/2011 19:53, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña a écrit :
>
> > Security Team: would you agree if I modified all the 2010 and 2011 advisories
> > to include a new tag (which would not be printed, yet) to make it possible to
> > document which releases were affected by each DSA?
>
> Since this information doesn't seem to be available in the DSA mail,
> couldn't it be gathered directly from the security tracker[0]?
>
> 	0: http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/

The information is there, and is not that difficult to have a program read
it. These are the blurbs:

version xxxxx.</p>

version xxxxxx</p>

> > Web team: if the security team agrees I would update all DSA files from 2135
> > to 2322 to include that header. That would ensure that we have some OVAL
> > definitions.
>
> If you also take care to update the english/security/parse-advisory.pl
> script we use to convert DSA mail to publish advisories on the website,
> so we don't have to manually add those headers in the next ones, I guess
> it's not a problem on our side (but I wonder where will this information
> come from).

I can commit to changing the script too once I get approval. If the security
team does not oppose these changes I will schedule to do the changes probably
sometime next week.

Regards

Javier