Re: Language setting

* Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> [2011-02-22 16:42:33 CET]:
> It seems it works nicely.
>
> I am in English environment with Japanese fonts installed.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ --> English page.
>
> Click ja --> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ja/ --> I see japanese.
>
> Click translated Japanese words of "Overview of new features in Apache
> HTTP Server 2.4" and I get to English page
>  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ja/new_features_2_4.html
>  Whis is untranslated English page "Overview of new features in Apache
> HTTP Server 2.4".
>

> > > Here you can see how it does:
> > > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf.in
> >
> >  I guess I'll have to experiment with that - thanks a lot for the
> > pointer!
>
> PLease experiment in French for you :-)

 You are right, if french is preferred over english it displays french
for above (not available) japanese page.

 This is indeed a solution that might work for us. Even though - we
might break a lot of links, or otherwise we'll have to test tweaking the
configuration that it would match our URL schema. It's really good that
this was brought up at this time because with the recent move of the
www mirror to DSA administrated machines it's finally possible to do
more complext configuration settings in apache for such things.

 Thanks a lot for the pointer, victory, this is really something that
might improve our situation! We just will have to check how we can
deploy it without breaking too many outside links - I am still a bit
recovering from the changes in URL schemas we had done in the packages
site - but actually from what I can tell it also follows the URL schema
of the apache docs. Way to go. :)

 Enjoy!!!
Rhonda
--
"What are the differences between Mark Zuckerberg and me? I give private
 information on corporations to you for free, and I'm a villain.