Re: [Debconf-team] Website related track at next DebConf

On 02/14/2011 02:44 PM, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> on the debian-www list we recently spoke about the idea to have a
> website related track during DebConf. I don't think it need to be
> directly only www.debian.org related, maybe name it "debian.org related
> webservices" which can be everything from DDPO, DDP, PTS to wiki or
> planet. My idea would be to also have some sort of round table or
> discussion round at the end of that track (0.5h-1h or so).

I think this is a great idea.  Web-facing services provided by the
project represent a large part of our public image, and also serve our
goals of transparency and openness.  Getting people to think and work
actively on these things during debconf would be a really good thing.

Thanks for proposing this, Martin.  Would you be up for acting as a sort
of "track coordinator" for this, encouraging talk submissions and making
sure that the major debian-related webservices are all well-represented
in the proposals?  Or do you know someone who might be interested in
coordinating such a track?

	--dkg