Re: Removing personal data from old lists

Le Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:39:55AM +1100, Craig Small a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 01:19:06AM -0300, kiepper@pop.com.br wrote:
> > Inadvertently my personal data, full name and cellphone, were publish.
> > Today I'm in trouble with the lot of email and SMS spam I receive.
>
> Hello Kristhoffer,
>   We, as a rule, do not delete old emails out of the archives.  Our
> disclaimer at http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#disclaimer is quite
> clear on that your email will be public and appear on many archives.
> We are also under no obligation to remove the entry, see
> http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/disclaimer
>
> In addition, removing those entries will not work because:
>   1) Those details appear elsewhere on sites we do not control
>   2) The spammers already have you on a list, as you are painfully aware

Hello everybody,

In this case, it is a Debian developer who published private contact
information of somebody elese without asking first.  We have some sort of
collective responsibility here.  Even if it is not effective, if there are
volunteers to take their time for this email to be removed, that would at least
be a kind answer.

I clicked the ‘report as spam’ button in the list archives on the web and hope
that it will eventually be removed.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy