Re: Removing personal data from old lists

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 01:19:06AM -0300, kiepper@pop.com.br wrote:
> Inadvertently my personal data, full name and cellphone, were publish.
> Today I'm in trouble with the lot of email and SMS spam I receive.

Hello Kristhoffer,
  We, as a rule, do not delete old emails out of the archives.  Our
disclaimer at http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#disclaimer is quite
clear on that your email will be public and appear on many archives.
We are also under no obligation to remove the entry, see
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/disclaimer

In addition, removing those entries will not work because:
  1) Those details appear elsewhere on sites we do not control
  2) The spammers already have you on a list, as you are painfully aware

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org