Re: Removing personal data from old lists

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 01:19:06AM -0300, kiepper@pop.com.br wrote:
> Inadvertently my personal data, full name and cellphone, were publish.
> Today I'm in trouble with the lot of email and SMS spam I receive.

Hello Kristhoffer,
  We, as a rule, do not delete old emails out of the archives.  Our
disclaimer at http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#disclaimer is quite
clear on that your email will be public and appear on many archives.
We are also under no obligation to remove the entry, see

In addition, removing those entries will not work because:
  1) Those details appear elsewhere on sites we do not control
  2) The spammers already have you on a list, as you are painfully aware

 - Craig

Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org
old fingerprint:     1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
NEW fingerprint:     5D2F B320 B825 D939 04D2  0519 3938 F96B DF50 FEA5