Re: consultants: some proposal on german entries

Hi there!

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:19:47 +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org> wrote:
>> Il giorno mer, 05/10/2011 alle 21.01 +0200, Holger Wansing ha scritto:
>> > Regarding my other proposals (international phone numbers/phone number
>> > format):
>> > What is the opinion of the team?
>> > Is it worth for me providing a patch?
>> > Do you want this to be coordinated this with the affected consultants?
>> >
>> > I would volunteer for all this.
>>
>> during these two weeks, no other people expressed their opinion on this
>> subject, so I think you may proceed.

This is wrong:

  <http://lists.debian.org/87zkhfbj3y.fsf%40gismo.pca.it>

> My questions are still not answered though.

Given that it seems I was not clear enough: I am a DD and, despite being
also a member of the Events team, I speak only for myself.

> Should international phone numbers be always used?

Yes.

> Or should we use that numbers, which are provided by the consultants (which
> could result in a wide range of formats)?

No.

> That's for which I asked for the opinion of the team.

Which team?  The WWW team or the people behind consultants?  AFAIK for
similar "subprojects" (e.g. the Events pages) the WWW team leaves the
final decision to the subproject members.

In this case, Giuseppe was the only one to reply.  If you want the
opinion of the other consultants listed at [1][2], feel free to Cc: them
or at the least the consultants@d.o address, I do not think reading
debian-www@l.d.o is mandatory (it is not for the Events team).

[1] <http://www.debian.org/intro/organization>
[2] Giuseppe is not listed there and this should be corrected.

> Not much interest though...

If the information does not reach the correct people they can not show
interest...

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca