Re: Add an extra item to the CD faq: write image to USB

Hi there!

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 12:27:29 +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Raf Czlonka <rjc@linuxstuff.pl> wrote:
>> What I meant by it is that the information on how to write images onto
>> optical media is already there on Debian web pages and Steve's patch can
>> easily be extended to include the information on how to write the image
>> onto a USB memory stick on operating systems other than unix-like
>> without the need to point to Ubuntu website.
>
> Where is that information provided on Debian-own webpages?

As Raf wrote, ATM it is not.

> Why not point to Ubuntu website?

Because the Ubuntu website can change without any (prior) notice and
thus we need to update our pages.  Including these relevant information
(with links to external tools, if needed) in our pages means that the
worst scenario will be that the links are outdated, but still what is
needed is there.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca