Re: bugs.debian.org: [once more] Please add support for tag "wheezy"

# The patches are only related to the website
reassign 639532 www.debian.org
user www.debian.org@packages.debian.org
usertags 639532 bugs
thanks

bugs.debian.org related bugs are usually submitted against the
www.debian.org pseudopackage when they only affect webpages:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?ordering=dir;src=www.debian.org#_0_1_5

Hi,

Le -10/01/-28163 15:59, Holger Wansing a écrit :

> Some of you may remember this issue, see #623524.
> There is some work left on this:

Thanks for spotting them and for the nice proposal.

> To make all this easier (and to not forget some occurences),
> we should change all occurences to use an entity like the
> already existing 'bts_tags' entity

Looks pretty sane to me, indeed.

> The existing bts_tags entity has the disadvantage, that there
> is no possibility to use a different formatting, what would be
> good here.

I haven't actually test your patch yet, but agree that this list would
look nicer using the <code> formatting, what about doing the same for
the severity (editing the bts_severities definition in
pkgreport-opts.inc the same way you did for bts_tags, as used in the
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ page).

> Don't know why bts_tags is generated as it is:
> ---snip--------------------------------------------------------------
> # this is pasted from debbugs/etc/config

Maybe because, as stated in the comment, it was initially pasted from
debbugs? Maybe the goal was to use the list to propose a menu in the
form, but it has never been implemented (or was removed since)?

> -----snap------------------------------------------------------------
> Are there special circumstances for this?
> I have prepared a patch, that changes this to a more generic way
> (without perl).

As you stated it, since bts_tags was only used in Bugs/index.wml, I
can't see any problem with that (the code looks easier to read the way
you propose it, so again, fine).

> And:
> On http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer.en.html#tags
> I would also add a list of tags via that entity as a headline
> in top of all that long descriptions, because this list is getting
> longer and longer. For a quick overview such a listing would be
> good on the top.

Agreed.

> Patches attached.

Just a tiny remark: “cvs diff -ur english/Bugs” would have provided an
easier to read and apply patch.

If I'm not mistaken, besides Developers.wml, there is no wording change
in the edited pages, so it would be nice to provide also the same
changes in the translated pages, bumping translation-check if possible.

If you're willing to accept the few remarks (modifying bts_severities
and taking care of the translated pages), and since you already have
commit access, I'd be pleased if you could fix you own bug (maybe wait a
few days if other people want to comment on this issue too first). Just
ask if you need any help to take care of the translated pages.

Regards

David