Re: multi-column news on frontpage, feedback

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 10:03:38AM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> It looks good, except perhaps for the <hr> at the bottom of the items, I
> think those should be hidden.

Now hidden in 2-columns config, still there in the 1 column mode.

> I like the one with descriptions, since the columns are balanced here.

A slight update: date on the same line as description in case of 1 column only,
and different threshold for the 2/1 cols switch:
http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/website/dynamic_cols/dynamic_columns_debhome.html

Has someone a nice idea about a button/link to mailing list subscription, that
we could display close to the RSS one ?
That would allow to save the whole paragraph at the end of news.

> Some ideas for hacks to support text-overflow: ellipsis in Firefox:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1820384/how-can-i-mimic-text-overflow-ellipsis-in-firefox
> http://www.jide.fr/english/emulate-text-overflowellipsis-in-firefox-with-css
> I especially like the 2nd one since it only uses CSS, but it has issues.

Really too hackish in my opinion...

--
Simon Paillard