multi-column news on frontpage, feedback

Hi,

After the new design switch, I've seen many remarks regarding the fact one has
to scroll the frontpage before getting to news, on top of that, large screen
were quite full of blank.

Here is a attempt to use CSS3 media queries to produce, on large screen enough,
a multi-column frontpage, reducing scrolling:
http://ikibiki.org/~spaillard/dynamic_columns_debhome/dynamic_columns_debhome.html

See the html code around line 162.

I had to add some more divs to manager that, but it's only 5 lines.

In order to correctly decide a threshold on the screen size, we would need
titles to have reasonable length (or drop descriptions of DSA on the
frontpage like in the example below).

http://ikibiki.org/~spaillard/dynamic_columns_debhome/dynamic_columns_debhome-lighterDSA.html

Ideas, Remarks ?

I don't know if epiphany from stable supportes media queries.

PS: an good answer to the "too long titles" issue could be "text-overflow:
ellipsis" and just add "..." when the title is too long. But this is not
supported by firefox.

--
Simon Paillard