Re: debconf11: please add sponsorship logo in debian.org site

  Hey,

* Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> [2011-06-06 16:29:01 CEST]:
> -=| Hector Oron, Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 03:11:39PM +0100 |=-
> >   It would be nice if it was possible to have Debian sponsorship
> >   logo
> > on main debian.org site.
> >   <http://media.debconf.org/dc11/sponsorlogos/sponsorship.png>
> >
> >   I think Rhonda has already hands on work, but it is always nice to
> > communicate to others our intentions.
>
> There was a comment that the yellow button is a bit too different from
> the www.debian.org color scheme. Some may see this as an advantage to
> bring visitors' attention. In any case, can we get the vector source
> for the button so that a button with different colors can be made?

 http://www.deb.at/ is what I suggested yesterday when the thing started
on IRC before I redirected Hector to the mailing list. Also, we would
need to have a link the button should point to - there were two
different ones handed around yesterday, so it should be decided which
one to settle on. It's only about 7 weeks until debconf so I fear the
general sponsorship page for those who want to have their logos in the
prints might be too short of a notice, and those aren't really the
target using our website regularly, so I guess the other page is the
better one?

 Given that this is of limited time and we haven't settled yet on the
other stuff we want to put in the place now and that this will be for
about 6 weeks only anyway I guess that's fine.

 Also, I'd like to have some sort of informal ACK from our project
leader: Having a fund raising button on our main page is setting a
precedence, and debconf being still somewhat external to debian, so I
rather would like to have some explicit ACK on whether this is
considered acceptable and not getting us into shady areas.

 Thanks,
Rhonda