Debian 6.

Hi,
  Help! Help!

      For years I have Debian installed but for demo purposes put Ubuntu
10 on to an old Notebook and it has worked fine.

   Getting Linux Format I decided to replace the Ubuntu with Debian6,
for its stability and robustness for my a person with no knowledge of
computers to try, but only get as far as "Partitions formatting....
Creating Ext 3 .. 33%   "   I tried various... auto, expert etc etc..

   I have also lost the Ubuntu that was working.

    Can you help please?

TIA

Regards,

Bill.