Re: Re: debianuserforums.org - new debian support forum

hello all,
i found this mailing-thread by a search.
Asking to add a one month old forum to the support page of debian.org was probably a bit early.
We will see if that board will stay at all. If it stays we will see if it will work (that is offer help and info).

As i was of the ones who started with the idea (via a few emails and a few IRC-chats, but most others joined the idea immediatly),
and has there has been a complaint that no name was mentioned yet, i thought i would write.

The main idea of that board, debianuserforums.org, is that it is run by its users.
To make it short: it is supposed to be run fully democratic.
Each user may make a proposal what to change,
each user may start a poll about what to change.
No user of the board is more important than any other user of the board.
As far i can tell that seems to be a new approach to run a forum.
Not sure if it will work, sounds rather naive. But it might be worth a try.
If we fail others might pick the idea and try it again.

It is not about "replacing" the other forum-board, it is about trying something new.

I speak for myself only, as a user.
Sorry about my English.

Markus Tornow,
aka nadir and some other nicks.