Re: Language setting

	Hi!

* victory <victory.deb@gmail.com> [2011-02-22 16:14:34 CET]:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:53:22 +0100 Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  Changing the corresponding links would mean that every page has to be
> > translated - something that is rather unlikely. Also, changing the links
> > doesn't work for people that do prefer a special ordering in the
> > languages they want to read (like, swedish, norwegian, english - and
> > take first available) and thus would cut off people that actually did
> > configure their browser accordingly.
>
> >  I can understand that configuring the browser isn't always the best
> > option, like when being abroad and using computers in internet cafes or
> > at friends' places, though there is no good option to support everyone,
> > at least I haven't heard about them yet.
>
> Apache docs does it since Apache 2.0 :-)
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/

 Right - but doesn't that depend on having everything for the supported
languages translated? And to some degree I'm missing the "browser
settings" part to switch back from the "Available Languages"
subdirectories to content negotiation; but that should be easy to add.

> Here you can see how it does:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf.in

 I guess I'll have to experiment with that - thanks a lot for the
pointer!

 So long,
Rhonda
--
"What are the differences between Mark Zuckerberg and me? I give private
 information on corporations to you for free, and I'm a villain.