Re: CVS and WWW sprint. --- SVN is not so bad with GIT

Le Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 12:32:00PM +0900, Osamu Aoki a écrit :

> As for choice between svn and git, it is less work with svn if we need
> to keep version check for translation while making local use of git
> easily integrated.  But if we use po4a, version check is non-issue.  Git
> seems to be better in such case.

Hi,

currently, the translation checks rely on querying CVS to get the revision
number of the original version. But if we changed them to read the revision
number directly in the wml file, like it is done for the translations
themselves, then we would have a VCS-independant system.

And I do not know for other VCSes, but it looks straightforward to
do with Git keyword expansions similar to what CVS does with $Revision$.
See for instance:

http://progit.org/book/ch7-2.html#keyword_expansion

So it looks like there would be a smooth path for migration, that does not
require to change all paradigms at the same time.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan