Re: CVS and WWW sprint.

Hi!

Am 24.01.2011 21:30, schrieb Joey Hess:

>> Actually, what is the problem with CVS? Other VCS may offer fancy
>> features that are actually useless for the website (use of branches or
>> whatever)
[..]
> Also, the Debian Weekly News has always struggled with producing a
> newsletter in a system where branching is hard. That they currently
> have to have their own standalone (svn) repository with posts copied
> back to CVS says a lot.

I beg your pardon, but I don't see a big struggle working on the Debian
Project News / press announcements.  Quite the contrary I think the
current solution is very flexible and fits our needs quite well, by
keeping the technological barrier for contributors low.

Even if the website would be maintained via git, I'm not sure, I would
like to have a publicity branch for us to draft News and announcements.
 Most likely I would still like to have a separate project for the
publicity team.

Best regards,
  Alexander