Re: [Debconf-team] debconf10 is _11th_ debian conference

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 07:57:14PM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Alexander Reichle-Schmehl, Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 03:38:42PM +0200 |=-
> > So plenty of time to review, comment, and change.

> The result, however, is still wrong. Can we fix it? Or at least the
> parts that are fixable (the website)?

Am I reading this right? We're refusing to fix a bug that is WRONG in a
Debian-related medium because people supposedly proof-read it and said it
was fine? Seriously?

1) This debate is completely unproductive. The information that went out was
incorrect. It can be fixed. Newspapers do this all the time when they print
incorrect information - and it's my understanding people proof and approve
information that's printed as well.

2) If you are unable to make the change, find someone who can and /do/ it.

There is no reason to have wrong information available without a correction
*somewhere* to show that yes, it was an oversight, and yes, we can correct
our mistakes.  If it's a matter of simply not having time to remove one
word, please, give me aceess and I'd be happy to do it for you.

<3
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski