Will you help us reach children with Bible stories?

Title: Dear Pastor

Dear Pastor

Since 2004, my wife Alison and I have been working with an amazing team of highly skilled professionals to produce three series of animated adventure movies “Friends and Heroes” for children aged 6 – 10. The movies tell stories from the Old and New Testaments – so that children learn and understand these important parts of the Bible.

We’re now writing to ask for your help in telling the people in your church about this series – especially those who are parents or who are working with children. You can find out about Friends and Heroes by clicking here www.friendsandheroes.com.

Those who have seen the programs claim them to be of the highest quality and our websites and teaching materials have received worldwide acclaim, winning many awards.

Every church and outreach ministry recognizes that most people make decisions in their childhood and teenage years that lead them to walk the path of Faith – or to reject it. Where we live, in the British Isles, only 5% of children are reached by churches – and few know the Bible stories which provided the foundations for our own decisions to follow the Christian faith. Without a basic knowledge of the Christian message, our children lack the foundations to hear and respond to God’s love for them.

It’s for that reason that we’ve made a huge investment creating Friends and Heroes, translating it into 10 major world languages, and commissioning the huge range of supporting curriculum and web materials.

Is the investment worth it? We think so – churches all over the world which have been using Friends and Heroes in their children’s work or ministry have written to us to tell us how revolutionary it has been. Here’s what we’ve heard from a couple of American churches:

The series is great!  The kids look forward to coming each week and they ask well thought out questions afterward.  DH

I love these DVD's. The quality is awesome!  The kiddo's in my Kids Church class love them too.  I love the web site and I very much appreciate the free lessons!  Thanks!  BC

This year, we have made it easier for American churches to access this material – translating the curriculum into American English, and establishing a distribution base in the U.S.A. – with dedicated staff available.

We’d really appreciate it if you would tell your church members, children’s workers, parents and grandparents about Friends and Heroes. The children’s website at www.friendsandheroes.tv is full of free video clips, activities and games – along with plenty of opportunity to get to know the Bible and its characters better. It’s a completely safe place for kids – and the site doesn’t attempt to sell them anything!

Thank you for your help.

Yours in Christ,

David and Alison Dorricott