Re: Question wrt wiki.debian.org

On Friday 21 May 2010 23:47:06 Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> As I mentioned, sudo isn't configured at all by default.
>
> > So what's the best way to go about this?
> > - remove 'sudo' so that the above statement is correct (assuming the
> > reader saw the 'Root User' part)
>
> Yes

Looking at the Aptitude page now, I see the sudo words are removed, but I didn't do it (yet).
Somehow, I'm still listed as the last author and the last change (from diff) is the change I did make
(search ~Dfoo).
How's that possible?

Apart from that, should the possibility of using sudo be mentioned?
If yes, what would be a proper way to go about that?

> > - prefix commands with $ or # depending on what rights are required
>
> No one ever worked on standardizing this is the wiki, your help is welcome
> if you are interested/motivated.

Is there already a page which describes the difference between $ and #, so there could be link to
that?
Or is there a better way/your ideas wrt standardizing this in the wiki?

And yes, I like to give back to Debian :)

Regards,
  Diederik