Question wrt wiki.debian.org

Hello,

I was taking a look at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPackageManagement and noticed that something was
incorrect.
From the "Package Management with apt-get and dpkg"-section:
"To fetch the new lists of all the packages from sources.list enter as the Root User

sudo aptitude update"

That statement in itself is incorrect. When logged on as root, you don't use sudo.

But apparently more and more ppl are using sudo for package management task and I don't know if
that's now the default/recommended way in Debian. (personally I think sudo is misused a lot).

So what's the best way to go about this?
- remove 'sudo' so that the above statement is correct (assuming the reader saw the 'Root User'
part)
- prefix commands with $ or # depending on what rights are required
- remove the 'Root User' part (and say you need appropriate rights to execute that command?)

wrt prefixing commands with $ or #, shouldn't that be applied consistently across the wiki?

Regards,
  Diederik

PS1: Can you CC me with a reply, since I'm not subscribed to this list (because of the spam)
PS2: Is this the recommended way to discuss wiki related issues?