Re: *Bump: Link to Kernel Traffic not dead, but no longer maintained

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 07:19:29PM +0100, Pål Wiik wrote:
> Hi guys. I was browsing along trying to find a distro for my machine
> (Intel 64), and stumbled across a page describing "What is GNU/Linux"
> and a link to a page describing Kernel developement discussions
> "Kernel Traffic".
>
> This page might have been hacked, or the Kernel traffic page has been
> bought by someone trying to generate traffic to their "blue" webpages
> based on false pretences. You might want to update this link to
> http://www.kernel.org, or the archive of the forum that used to be
> there http://kt.iserv.nl/
>
> Link to the page where the fault was found:
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ia64/ch01s02.html.en

Thanks, the problem has been reported before and has already been fixed in the
SVN of the installation guide (though even installation-guide from
sid still includes this link).
Maybe it would be worth to upload a new version to sid ?
At the time the version for Lenny was built, the link was valid.

Best regards.

r61187 | fjp | 2009-11-06 05:52:14 +0100 (ven 06 nov 2009) | 6 lines
Chemins modifiés :
   M /trunk/manual/build/entities/urls.ent
   M /trunk/manual/debian/changelog
   M /trunk/manual/en/welcome/what-is-linux.xml

Add link to www.kernel.org and remove www.kerneltraffic.org

www.kernel.org is the official website for the kernel.

www.kerneltraffic.org no longer has any content related to the kernel.
Thanks to Alex Brotman and Philippe Batailler for reporting this.

Simon Paillard