screenshot.debian.net use from packages.d.o: some optimisation ?

Hi,

Now packages.debian.org displays the thumbnail (#262617), I feel the
package loading is quite slow:
* when no thumbnail is available, every thumbnail is still downloaded
   -> one can use a redirect instead of 404 (easy)
   -> provide a list of packages with pictures (need more changes)

* png captures are not optimal, would it be possible to use optipng on
  a new screenshot upload ?

Example on the 404 picture:
Input file size = 6178 bytes
Output file size = 3382 bytes (2796 bytes = 45.26% decrease)

* last but not least, what about making screenshots.debian.net official ?
  1/ I don't know anything about the current hosting, but it may improve
  speed.
  2/ There are too many non official service that can disappear one day
  or another because of HW failure..

Regards.

--
Simon Paillard