Re: Link to .jigdo search engine broken

reassign 589477 www.debian.org
thanks

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 08:59:41AM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 07:01:07AM +0200, Clasen, Joerg (HUH/II) wrote:
> > wenn ich die .jigdo Dateien zum durchsuchen verwende, um herauszufinden
> > welches Paket sich auf welcher CD befindet, bekomme ich einen "error 404"
>
> Indeed, the link to search through the contents of .jigdo files is broken
> on <http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/#search>. :-/
> This is because I recently switched servers and haven't set up the search
> on the new one.
>
> Is there a need for this search feature, do people use it a lot?

IMO, displaying a nice list of package per DVD is better than people
downloading every DVD 'in case of.
We could even show on the package page which DVD/CD it is available on.
Best regards.

> If so, I can also set it up on my new server.

I would say, if so that should be moved under a debian.org service
(master which servers cgi.debian.org for example).

--
Simon Paillard