Re: Converting English wml files to utf-8?

	Hi!

* Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> [2010-06-01 15:51:15 CEST]:
> When adding new files (in the News or events area, but I guess it's
> similar for others) I often run into encoding problems.  As Debian
> systems use utf-8 as default these days I often forget to convert the
> files I add (or sometimes I do remember and "iconv -f utf-8 -t latin1"
> doesn't work).
>
> Would it make sense to convert the English wml files to utf-8 as it has
> been done with some other languages, too?

 Like written in #debian-www, if people are still aware that in the
special areas for news entries and similar where data gets incorporated
into other languages entities still needs to get used (this won't change
before _all_ languages are converted to utf8!) then I am all for it and
see it as a step in the right direction.

 Thanks for bringing this up!
Rhonda