Re: simple question about MoinMoin

Hi,

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 03:56:46AM -0300, Carlos Miranda Molina - <Mstaaravin /> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a simple question about Debian wiki, why MoinMoin exactly......?
> Why not dokuwiki......? (KISS) ;)
> Why not mediawiki.....? (hummm not, replicationes are more complex)

Because it was started so at the first place.  It was a good choice
then.  No one finds enough reason nor motivation nor resource to switch
it since then.

I could ask "Why not ikiwiki?"  This was created by DD ;-)
 http://packages.qa.debian.org/i/ikiwiki.html
 http://ikiwiki.info/

>  I think that the structure of Debian Wiki is complicated.

That is your taste issue.  Are you going to convert existing contents to
other format spending this whole summer?  This is not a small hobby
site.  Changing such fundamentals require huge tasks and resources.

Osamu