Re: Per-wiki package namespaces and automated retrieval of wiki pages

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 18:00 +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:

> I am not sure whether are subscribed to debian-www...

I'm not at this stage.

> What do you think about this request:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2010/03/msg00167.html

As far as load/etc goes, check out the munin graphs for widor:

http://munin.debian.org/debian.org/widor.debian.org.html

Login info here:

http://dsa.debian.org/

Most of the time, the load is over 1.0:

http://munin.debian.org/debian.org/widor.debian.org-load.html

I'd suggest consulting DSA, but I think we should be able to handle the
extra load.

To give an idea about usage, in the apache2 access log, there are now
248413 lines, the first is from 31 Mar 2010 06:25:29 and the last 01 Apr
2010 01:57:26.

I think the idea is interesting but I can't spare much time to do work
on it, just enough to enable work done on it.

I'd maybe go with a less generic prefix for the namespace
than /packages.

I don't know anything about the XMLRPC interface to moinmoin, but if
that is what you prefer we could probably arrange to enable it again now
that the security fix for it is installed on the server.

http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2010-0668

For displaying the information you'd probably want to go with HTML via
xulrunner or webkit? If you want a special theme for that HTML we could
install it on the server once it is developed. We've already done so for
the planned new theme for the Debian website and other Debian sites.

PS: to all debian-www subscribers, the wikiadm team could use some new,
active, members. Preferably DDs so you can modify stuff on the server.
The server (widor.d.o) is unrestricted so you can look at the setup
in /srv/wiki.debian.org already btw. We version control the
configuration and other bits in git, more info here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianWiki

--
bye,
pabs