Re: oval - still active?

	Hi!

* Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@debian.org> [2010-01-07 11:19:01 CET]:
> First of all: Happy new year.

 Same to you :)

> On the OVAL project, Debian is still involved and providing some tools
> (ovaldi- the OVAL reference interpreter). I have in my TODO list
> fixing the issues with the 2009 definitions and updating the conversor
> from DSA to OVAL references (with new versions available at [1]).

 The issues are now also with the 2010 definitions. :)

> It was not very high in my TODO list since there was not that much
> interest in the project from Debin users and only one developer (Pavel
> Vinogradov) has been working on it in the past year.

 I wouldn't know what it would offer anyway, somehow I had the
impression that it's rather more interesting for third-parties to create
cross-references automatically or similar, since it is in xml with a
defined DDT?

> If, however, the OVAL subdir is causing problems with the website
> build I will try to take a look at it soon.

 On klecker it fails - but interestingly not on wolkenstein. You can see
it here:
<nly one developer (Pavel
> Vinogradov) has been working on it in the past year.

 I wouldn't know what it would offer anyway, somehow I had the
impression that it's rather more interesting for third-parties to create
cross-references automatically or similar, since it is in xml with a
defined DDT?

> If, however, the OVAL subdir is causing problems with the website
> build I will try to take a look at it soon.

 On klecker it fails - but interestingly not on wolkenstein. You can see
it here:
<http://www.debian.org/security/oval/> vs.
<http://newwww.deb.at/security/oval/>

 So long, and thanks for fast response!