Re: dead links

andreimpopescu@gmail.com wrote:
On Fri,28.Aug.09, 18:23:38, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
Hi!

The links on
   http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes
point to
   http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/amd64/release-notes/
   etc.

But those links are dead. I found the page here instead:
   http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/amd64/release-notes/

Regards
Erwin

[CC'ing you since I don't know if you are subscribed]

There is no testing (a.k.a. squeeze) branch of the release notes (yet). The links are not valid because anymore because 'lenny' is now 'stable'. They will be valid again as soon as there will be a 'squeeze' branch of the release-notes.

Regards,
Andrei

It might help users to put a temporary document in place with that information. And a pointer to the lenny release notes. Just an idea.

Regards
Erwin