Re: Syntax for DSA (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 1865-1] New Linux 2.6.18)

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 09:24:30AM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:31:37AM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > From one DSA to another, the syntax changes a bit, and it makes the
> > current import script not happy, and same with me :-)
> >
> > BTW, did you have a look at
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2009/07/msg00096.html ?
>
> I haven't personally looked at this, though personally I think a more
> structured DTD would be cool. fyi, you might want to cc
> team@security.debian.org when you want you are directing mail to the
> security team.
>
> > On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 02:52:35PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
[..]
> > > Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 alias etch
> > > -------------------------------
> > >
> > > Oldstable updates are available for alpha, amd64, hppa, i386, ia64, mipsel, powerpc, s390 and sparc.
> > > Updates for arm and mips will be released as they become available.
> >
> > Please put this notice before the paragraph about upgrade instructions
> > if you want to be available on the web page.
>
> Are you referring to the normal "Oldstable updates are.." sentence
> (part of the standard template) or the "Updates for ..." sentence, or
> both?

To both.

* about "Oldstable updates.." this syntax has been used only since 2008 and 10 times.

* about "updates for $arch when .. available", does this mean you
will release a new DSA ?
Given the current workflow, a new DSA is required to get the links to
new .deb added to the DSA page.
Otherwise, we need to rework the way are displayed to users and make it
work with the security-tracker ?

> > > Source archives:
> > [..]
> > >   These changes will probably be included in the oldstable distribution on
> > >   its next update.
> >
> > Same remark here.
>
> Isn't this a standard part of the template?

Only since August 2009 :-)

Could you point me to the standard template you are refering to ?

Regards.

--
Simon Paillard