Re: Graphics size: Debian wiki start page stc.

Hi,

This is follow-up to

 * http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2009/08/msg00131.html

I think graphics itself in a nice one but I have concern for how it is
used and its negative impacts.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 03:30:05PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Considering we are not art site but informational site, graphics should
> > not exceed 1/4 linear size of screen size.
> >
> > Considering VGA, 320*240 is good choice.  (It could be 300*200 since
> > some screen are not used for web presentation)
> >
> > Can we shrink image so everyone can see real content at the first
> > screen.
>
> Seconded. And I'd even suggest going smaller than 300*200.
>
> The huge size of the image on the home page and its weird placement (and
> the fact that it does not really fit in with the general design of the
> page at all) has been a minor annoyance for me ever since it was added.
>
> I do see the reasons for adding it, but it would be nice if it was less
> dominating and better integrated.

I did look into the history of this logo.

 * http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2008/12/msg00017.html
 * Franklin PIAT, Simon Paillard, and Aaron Valdes responded.
 * Simon Paillard checked in graphics Sun Feb 15 07:37:31 2009 UTC.
 * Shrinking current graphics blur image too much and unfit to use it
   there.

After some thought, I came to conclusion that asking artist for the
solution is good idea.  Thus I am CCing this mail to the artist:
 Andre Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira

I like your lenny graphics on my Desktop but I see some issues with the
current http://www.debian.org and http://wiki.debian.org pages with your
graphics.

Can you propose solution to the issues I raised.

Thanks for your attention.

Osamu