Re: Debian site misfeature

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:14:58AM +0300, Владислав wrote:
> One time I was use Debian net install CD. After installation I've find
> that apt sources is empty - no records at all. This force me to search
> for apt repos links, but I can't find them on debian site. At last
> google helps me to find something in the web.

The installation program should have filled in sources.list.  Would
you please file a bug report against the installation package?

> I think that apt sources links to the official repositories (and all
> available mirrors) should be on site somewhere here
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

I don't think it should be moved from its current location,

 http://www.debian.org/mirror/list

but perhaps it could be easier to find.  Would adding a link entitled
"package archive mirrors" to the page you suggested have helped you?

> It is also very useful than someone will try to mirror this
> repositories on hard drive with debmirror program

I'd suggest that, in this case, debmirror's documentation should point
the user in the right direction.

--
Matt Kraai                                           http://ftbfs.org/