Installation problems

Dear Debian Developers!

I need your assistance in installing Debian. I downloaded the latest STABLE version in DVD iso format and I've burned the image on dvd.
I tryed to install Debian on 2 PC's, both of 'em are on P4 level, with at least 1024Mb RAM, 80 and 120Gb HDD, on old, but tested hardware.
I suppose the hardware isn't erroneous.

The problem is: when I get to "Select and install software'  I get the message: 'Installation step failed, You can run the falling item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The falling step is: Select and install software."
Everytime I try to run it again, it has the same problem, I've tryed many times both with the graphic and the text installer, but the problem still comes out.
I've tried on another AMD based computer, It just froze on the first screen of the installer.

I'm looking forward for your answer, I hope you can help me!
Thank you very much!

Yours sincerely,
Daniel Cziránku
Starcom Hungary Ltd.