Re: Possible bug in the spanish translation of the site

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:39:59 -0300
Nico Piaty wrote:

> There seems to be a problem while trying to browse debian.org in english
> from a computer located in an spanish speaking country. In my case, when
> entering debian.org from Argentina, I am automatically directed to the
> spanish-translated homepage. After scrolling down and choosing the english
> version (which redirects me to http://www.debian.com/index.en.html) I can
> visualize the english version, but when clicking on some links (most of
> them, actually) I am directed to the spanish version of such link.

I believe your browser is sending
 header 'Accept-Language: es' or 'Accept-Language: es-AR' as higher quality.
See http://www.debian.org/intro/cn
 and http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/content-negotiation.html
 for more information about this magic ;-)

--
victory