Re: svn or cvs on the website

* Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> [2009-09-14 22:05:06 CEST]:
> On Mon,14.Sep.09, 11:26:37, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 04:59:32PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> > >   I was trying to see where the current state of some
> > >   files were and noticed we have (at least) two version
> > >   control systems going on here.
> >
> > Is now a good time to move to git? :-)
>
> I'm not a VCS expert, but IMVHO the necessary work in migrating the
> current translation infrastructure to deal with something else than cvs
> is better invested in switching the translation infrastructure to .po.
> After that you can switch VCS as needed.

 That would be an extremely interesting approach, I though fear of some
limitations of po(4a) here with either getting huge chunks in the
message catalogue or losing the posibility to rearange parts of the text
or adding additional parts where needed.

 The thought might go in the right direction, but I'm not really
convinced that gettext can help us very much here, even though it would
reduce the error rate of missing html tags or similar.

 So long!
Rhonda