Re: Open Source Press / No Starch Press as Debian Partner

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 08:46:01PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> I am negotiating with my publisher No Starch Press over the next
> edition of my book, and they pointed out to me that even though
> we've been giving $1/1€ for each sold book (that would mean about
> 20k!) to Debian, neither No Starch nor Open Source Press have
> a mention on http://www.debian.org/partners/.
>
> I would like to fix that. Does anyone have any objections for me
> writing committing the following:

I appreciate their contributions to the project, but according to
http://www.debian.org/partners/partners (that's a weird URL),
"Donations to the Debian project do not qualify an organization for
Partner status."  Please see that page for more information on how
these publishers could become partners.

--
Matt Kraai                                           http://ftbfs.org/