Re: Open Source Press / No Starch Press as Debian Partner

also sprach Simon Paillard <simon.paillard@resel.enst-bretagne.fr> [2009.09.17.2059 +0200]:
> I must confess I'm not convinced.
>
> Indeed, many CD vendors do the same (some money to SPI for each sale) :
> http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/
> Do you think we should list each CD vendor on partners as well ?
> I don't.

Do we have any numbers on that? How much does the Debian project
gain from CD vendors per year?

> Your editor already gets ads/links from the
> http://www.debian.org/doc/books page, that I encourage you to
> update, with a possible mention to the donation to SPI.

Throughout the "lifetime" of the book, it has been listed last in
the list of current books, which I thought wasn't always
appropriate. Now it's moved to "past versions", even though 95% of
the book still is current — remember, the book is not about KDE3 or
OpenOffice 2.0, it's about Debian, and we didn't change /that/ much
since "sarge".

Also, there's just a link, no logo or paragraph.

I don't think this is the kind of recognition that the publishers
are after.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

never underestimate the power of human stupidity.