Re: ABOUT VENDORS

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Richard Atterer <richard@2009.atterer.net> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 08:43:08AM -0700, hitesh Kumar ~L0ve to you wrote:
> hello i have applied for Debian vendors list still i didn't receive any
> information regarding this.

Yes, we received your information (for all 3 times that you filled out the
form). Unfortunately, this is a mostly manual process and I only add
batches of new entries every few weeks. Sorry - please be patient.

To the mailing list:

Ideally, there should be an automated system where each vendor only submits
a single URL. A script would then crawl the vendor's pages to a certain
depth at regular intervals, and filter out pages that contain predefined
tags for the different Debian CD/DVD variants. This would also make it easy
to weed out stale entries, sites that are down etc. Unfortunately, I never
quite get around to implementing something like this. What script languages
are accepted for this type of thing on Debian servers? (I'm much more of a
PHP than Perl person...)

Cheers,

 Richard

--
 __   _
 |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
 | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
 ¯ '` ¯
Thanks Rechard.

I am talking to my professor and project Guide if possible than we can also setup a mirror server.
At Nit hamirpur .
We have already a Fedora  mirror Server.

With ragards
Hitesh